Sunday, July 21, 2019

Hot Day in the Old Town Tonight...or weekend or whatever.

So today started off with my Keurig still tasting faintly of vinegar, so off to get an ice coffee again from Baker's. It's 7:30am, schmegy as heck. Dew points around 80 degrees which is about as humid as it gets in New England. Do I want to bring my good camera? Nah, I'm not planning to photograph anything and I wasn't going to go for a drive either. Heat indexes in the afternoon pushing well over 100 both Saturday & Sunday.

So I stop at the end of the driveway, get my mail, turn around...holy shit!

So I go back to the house to get the camera. I just pull up pointed towards the front door like I do when I'm just running in and out. I get out with my hand full of mail. Car starts driving towards house...holy shit I forgot to put in park. I'm pretty impressed with the run-and-dive into the car to jam on the brake with my hand :D I'm also surprised so far no injuries have shown up from that move.

I'm very happy with this photo, I don't know if I have the skill to remove the power lines especially where they are around the intricate wood work on the steeple. (The blue sky part are easy as pie, and the tree shouldn't be too difficult because leaves are irregular so it doesn't show edits easily). I may end up spending a few dollars to have it professionally retouched -- I know two sites but they both say their for "professionals only" so I don't know how much they enforce it. But it should only be like $6 to fix it -- I'm sure what they do is farm out the pics to India, Philippines, or similar country for someone to retouch them.

Did take a swim today. I never got in the pond last was so nice to be in it again.

Bought the tomato, basil, mozzarella yesterday between Walmart and the Danielson Farmer's Market but I forgot bread. And quickly decided I'd rather bake a loaf than venture forth out in the heat to go to Big Y.

Loaf came out very well. I didn't measure a thing -- I proofed the yeast in warm sugar water, poured some flour in a bowl, mixed the water with it, punched it down once, let it rise overnight. Wet my hand and rolled it into the dutch oven this morning. Put it in the oven with the top on for 30 minutes, then 10 minutes with the top off.

But owe making a tomato sandwich when the bread is still oven warm...mmmmmmm.

Yeah, that's in the shade. My house is cleaner than it has been in many months as I hid from the heat in the A/C most of Saturday and today.

Farmer's market maters and taters for dinner :)

And having watched Spiderman: Into the amuses me that Spiderwoman has the same build, attitude, age, haircut, and comes from Brooklyn -- as L. o_O

No comments: