Sunday, May 8, 2016

Coat Rack

After a week of rain that only broke this afternoon...I don't think my house has ever been this clean possibly even after I first moved in :D

I got tired of the old coat tree Ed had given me taking up so much room in my "foyer" by the front door, I didn't want more red oak and silver hooks like I did on the other wall, and I didn't want some flimsy big box store thing that I would have had to drill custom holes in anyway to match the 9-1/2" centered studs (nor would I want to trust drywall anchors for holding coats).

So some black iron pipe, which I assembled then cleaned with Purple Power and put in the oven for a bit to dry completely, then spray painted. 9-1/8" on center with the holes, which I figure is close enough to 9-1/2". Some brass screws that I thought made for a nice contrast, had to use a 1/4" ratchet to put them in between the force it took and the clearance with the top screws.

No comments: